In India, we are witnessing radical changes every year in our economy, consumer behavior, market dynamics and growth factors. Almost all changes are driven by technological advancements and consumer demand.
Now, most of the target audience of major companies lies in the range of 16-30 ages in India. Moreover, the large numbers of people lying on this range are generally internet-savvy and Facebook users in India. Therefore, reaching this audience is highly cost-effective, easier and efficient with digital marketing.
Without spending on cold-calls, TVCs, billboards, salespersons and other passive marketing tools, without irritating your customers and pushing your bottomline, you can generate incredible amount of call-ins, leads, queries and most of all sales by professionally marketing on Internet.
Internet enables you to enhance your marketing’s interactivity, visual delight, approachability and entertainment. Moreover, you’re not reaching to or pushing yourself to audience that is not your target, instead people are searching for your or you’re pulling them towards you.
For example, just imagine, in traditional market a luxury car manufacturer like ‘Jaguar’ invest in TVC, which is to be shown across India, in rural and suburban areas as well, where they do not have their target customer. In this way, after reaching so many people their conversion rate is abysmally low and investment is again abysmally high.
Now, suppose ‘Jaguar’ is marketing on Internet, where they’re reaching only the people who’re researching to buy using keywords such as ‘buy luxury cars in India’, ‘top luxury cars in India to buy’, and ‘the best luxury car in India 2013’. In this way, company reduced its investments and increased conversion rate exponentially.
This is one of the attributes of digital marketing, which is convincing marketers, entrepreneurs, industrialists, investors and leaders to take digital marketing more seriously than ever before in India. With each passing year and increasing Internet usage in India, Internet is taking a bigger shape and size (internet population in India set to touch 253 million in 2014), where digital marketing has become must for all businesses in India.
According to Boston Consulting Group, report in 2012 Internet contributed 3.2 trillion to India’s economy that is around 4.1 per cent of India’s GDP.
But now pertinent question to ask here that for any business in India
Do you need a digital marketing team or you should hire freelance digital marketer? Which is feasible, reliable, affordable and effective?
I am here to help you find the answer here.
I have listed top five reasons for hiring a freelance digital marketer instead of digital marketing team.
Table of Contents
- #1. A Digital Marketer Knows How to Make Money for You
- #2. An Experienced Digital Marketer Always Better Than In-house Team
- #3. Hiring A Digital Marketer Cost-Effective Than In-house Team
- #4. You Have Lesser Liabilities With A Digital Marketer
- #5. A Digital Marketer Have Resources and Network
- #6. No Overheads, No Hidden Cost, No Cost Liabilities – Only Win-Win Situation for You
#1. A Digital Marketer Knows How to Make Money for You
For any business, their main objective is – ‘profit maximization’ – and marketing is one the most important factor that helps in profit maximization.
Now, it is proven that digital marketing (inbound marketing) more effective than traditional marketing (outbound marketing).
So, if you want to maximize your profits then hiring a freelance digital marketer is much better than hiring a team. There are three main factors to approve this proposition
- A freelance digital marketer is always on his toes to work to make money. Because, he/she knows it that if results are not there then you won’t be able to earn. Instead, they would work more diligently in order to increase your sales. Thereby they would have reason to increase their cost.
- A freelance digital marketer keeps himself updated just because of the first reason. Therefore, he/she has hands on expertise and experience in helping you to generate leads and sales from new channels.
- A freelance digital marketer works on the go and they’re easily accessible, for example if you want to put a sale at midnight just a day before ‘new year’ or just want to wish all your customers, followers and fans at the right time and the right platform then they will be awake to do so for you.
Lastly, an in-house team will cost more and deliver little in comparison to freelancer, who will always want to maximize your profits just because he/she do not have security of job, they want to continue on the project and they want to earn more by helping you earn exponentially.
#2. An Experienced Digital Marketer Always Better Than In-house Team
Even you would agree on this. To convince you more, there three reasons why an experienced digital marketer better than in-house team
- They have extensive experience of working with small to large companies and they are better at it than an in-house team.
- An in-house team has to deal with you only therefore, they are not able to innovate and be creative in their approach. On the contrary, a freelancer might be working on different projects. Therefore, they may have many innovative and creative solutions to offer.
- Almost all freelancers are good at client handling, which is why, they endeavour to listen your more and understand your needs, demands and requirements.
- A freelancer always believes in exceeding targets not just achieving it, whereas in-house team will only focus on achieving ‘targets’.
#3. Hiring A Digital Marketer Cost-Effective Than In-house Team
One of my HR friend in a mid-sized company in New Delhi told me that when they hire a middle level manager in company then they have to spend Rs. 1 Lakh per month on hire. That means, if you are hiring a team of 3 for digital marketing then you may have to spend Rs. 1 Lakh per employee per month in New Delhi.
This cost constituted of salary, cost-of-hiring, maintenance cost, IT cost, phone bill, electricity bill, reimbursements and other overheads. Moreover, you have to pay bonus every year.
Above all, you have to give them provisional and voluntary holidays.
On the contrary, when you hire a freelance digital marketer, you don’t have to bear any cost. Moreover, you only pay up only after completion of first cycle of the project. You get flexibility in payment method and time, and you can negotiate to reduce cost further (note: do not negotiate for unreasonable cost because that can possibly lead to compromise with quality and output).
A freelance digital marketer works to reduce your cost-per lead, save you cost wherever possible and enhance your profit, so he could legibly ask for increase in payment. There simple motto is – help you earn more thereby they can as well.
#4. You Have Lesser Liabilities With A Digital Marketer
With tougher labour laws, it has become to fire unproductive employees. Suppose, if you have a team of digital marketing that is not functioning properly just because of one employee then you may find it difficult to fire, and if you fire him/her then you have to bear the cost-of-hiring.
Moreover, you have other liabilities such as to look after your employees’ daily needs for safety, food, water and comfort.
Nevertheless, by hiring a freelance digital marketer in New Delhi you will not have to face any liabilities, on the contrary you have flexibility of working with him/her.
You don’t have to take care of any liability, you tell them your requirements and they work for you, eventually you pay up for the work.
#5. A Digital Marketer Have Resources and Network
An in-house team is only limited to in-company departments and employees, but a digital marketer is highly resourceful and have people in his network from different areas, fields and industries.
A digital marketer ensures that you get your job done in time and cost. You can easily access their resources and network to get excellent work and quality.
Suppose, you want authority writers on specific and special topics, with an in-house team, you won’t be able to find them easily but with a digital marketer you can easily find them and get good bargain.
#6. No Overheads, No Hidden Cost, No Cost Liabilities – Only Win-Win Situation for You
In the nutshell, when you hire a freelance digital marketer from New Delhi, then you don’t have to bear overheads, hidden cost and no cost liabilities. It’s only a win-win situation for you.
It’s recommended for small and mid-sized companies/organizations/enterprises to hire a freelance digital marketer instead of employing.
However, it is not as if employing digital marketers is bad, but there are advantages of hiring freelancer that you cannot afford to ignore.
If you have any different opinion or some viewpoint/perspective to put, then do comment below. Please make sure you agree to disagree or just ask any question, I love answering them.